Sunday, January 4, 2009

Last Day!

With my hubby around that is. I am so sad to see him go but I know he has to in order to get his ticket and better provide for our family. I am so lucky that his job allows me to stay home and be the mom that I always wanted to be. Truth is he is a lot of help to me. When he's off work he does most of the cooking and takes the girls lots of times and just leaves me with Hudson. He's brought in most of the wood this year and when he's working he still helps out with dishes and most night puts the girls to bed for me. I'm definitely lucky.

So he leaves tonight after supper....I know it will be hard this week. I had originally planned for Sunday to be my day of rest but with him leaving tomorrow I knew I had to take advantage of him being here and able to watch the kids. So I ran for 30 mins on my elliptical. To be honest I really didn't feel like doing it and half way through I still wasn't feeling it but the last 12 mins or so I felt good. Sweat was pouring down my face but my breath got regular and I was able to keep a steady pace. My muscles hurt a little today from TaeBo yesterday. I am doing the bootcamp version with the resistance bands and weights. I feel like I am standing taller today. :)

I also switched up my diet and I'm trying for a more lean protein diet. I have the six week body makeover by Michael Thurmond and I'm trying to follow it as best I can. It's hard to eat 5-6 times a day, between kids and housework, I feel like I'm always eating. As I type this it's actually time to eat again. lol I have lots I want to get accomplished today....laundry, overall cleaning and tidying the house....I need to take advantage of the extra hands around here. Tomorrow Lauren has her first play date with her best friend from Kindergarten. Then I need to phone the Aquaplex and see when sign ups for swimming lessons are and then I need to get her ready because school starts up again on Tuesday. I think it will be great to have her in school two days a week....it will be a nice break for me and hopefully when I can get in my workouts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment