Friday, January 9, 2009

Proud

I am so proud of myself today. I woke up an extra hour early thanks to one of my daughters fooling with my alarm clock sometime yesterday. I was really sore and thinking all morning...I'll just wait until tonight when Mike is home to get in my run. But the more I thought about it the more I knew I had to get it in this morning or it probably wouldn't happen. So I did it!!!!! I have to admit it is getting a little easier. I used to run every once in a while for 20 mins but the extra 10 really makes a difference.

So I'm down 11 lbs already....wow it was so nice to see that number. If I really wanted to depress myself I could say that it's only 3 cause the other 8 was from the holidays........but I'm not going to think of that. This week my body is definitely letting me know that it's tired but if I can just plow through I think I will be able to do it. Mind over matter I guess. I was thinking I should make myself some stars or something and put one up on the fridge for every pound I've lost. I really need to treat food as fuel, and not as my friend, something to do when I'm bored, or something to just pack away unconciously. Tonight I told hubby that we are going to have tacos....I'm not going to have the tortilla as I have sayed away from carbs and sugars so far....but I'm glad that I can share a meal with everyone.

Can't wait for hubby to come home in about 4 hours!!! Maybe he might even notice a change in me......lol probably not.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. I only dropped 3lbs. Mainly because I have only dieted since Monday. But I was like, great, I'm ALMOST down to my pre-holiday weight. Oh well.e

    I did the same this morning. I got up and did my cardio aerobics. I was proud of myself too!

    ReplyDelete