Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yes I'm still here!

So it's been a while since I posted anything. These last two weeks have just been crazy. All the kids had a 24 hour flu and then we all got struck down with THE most horrible cold ever. Really bad cough and congestion and Hudson got it the worst. Everytime he coughed he threw up...ugh. Poor little guy.

Amazingly through it all I have managed to stay on track everyday except one....this past Friday. I was so sick of all the hard work not paying off and seeing no change in the scale on friday's weigh in that I just let myself have a crappy feel sorry for myself day. I ate with the family and was PISSED when the next day I saw the scale jump 5 lbs.....SERIOUSLY????!!! I didn't pig out I just ate small portions of what the family was having (one being pizza) but I sure as heck didn't eat five pounds of food. I was soooooo disappointed and immediately went to my elliptical and did my run. Since then I have been back on track and definitely feeling different.

I definitely feel changes in my bodies shape. I'm looking in the mirror more often whereas before I would always avoid my reflection. Even when brushing my teeth I used to look away from the mirror. Now I am beginning to find things to like in the mirror. I'm seeing a more curvy shape and less flab lol. Even if it's my own disillusionment I feel like the changes are big enough for me to see. I'm walking a little taller and prouder these days and that feels good.

Cheyanne went to the Speech Pathologist yesterday and it was interesting to say the least. We started on the "t" sound at the beginning of words because she usually says "h" instead. She modelled the "t" sound like 5 times in a row at the beginning of the session and then for the rest of the time she just said "I can't say that" or "I don't know". She wasn't frustrated at all she just didn't care to try. I felt like she was thinking "Lady....I get along just fine...everyone knows what I mean and I get what I want.....I don't care about getting it right." lol I have some activities to do with her at home for the week but she's more interested in coloring them than doing them and Lauren (her older sister) wants to do the activities even though she doesn't need them.

Lauren went for swimming lessons again last night. She absolutely loves it and is not scared of trying anything. For most of the lessons she was climbing out of the pool and jumping into the deep end. Then she tried diving under the water and she came up with a huge grin on her face and yelled at me "I did it mom! I swam under the water!" She did it at least five more times before the lessons were over. She also poured water over another childs head a few times and I had to yell at her to stop...ugh. Then a few minuted later the child got her back and I was pleased to see that she didn't freak out. I mean I don't think she did it maliciously but she's got to know that it's not nice to do because some kids might not like it at all.

Anywho I think I've caught you up on everything. I'm going to enjoy the rest of my day. Everyone seems on the mend from this cold so the mood is a little better around here! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Dixi!! I am so glad you are pleased with the results of your hard work. You are working so hard. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete