Friday, January 2, 2009

What's it like?

As I lay in bed last night thinking about embarking on this Healthy O challenge I wondered to myself what it is like to not worry about being caught in a picture or video? What's it like to be thin? I look back at pictures of myself in my late teens early twenties and wonder why I didn't like myself then? And how if I didn't like myself then what must I think of myself now? What's it like to not worry about the angle you are caught at, your chubby arms, flabby tummy or slightly double chin?

I have never in my life been skinny. I have been curvy and never had a problem with men not being attracted to me but somehow after the birth of my kids I have forgotten about myself. Forgotten how important it is to like me. I am 26 and I have so much more life to live and I want to live it. I want to show my children what a healthy lifestyle is and that it's important to take care of yourself. I need this for myself now more than ever. I am determined to make this my year. To fight the buldge one step at a time and not get discouraged so easily. Day by day I will document my struggle here.

I'm excited for day 2! Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Startin' off with a bang, girl! I'm looking forward to doing this journey with you! {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! It is amazing to me that we all have such similar stories with our weight and self confidence issues. I also will avoid pictures like the plague, which is why I went ahead and threw mine up there. Let's face our fears to get through them. This is going to be a great journey.

    ReplyDelete